Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Week 9- Social Tagging

This week I had a look through the deli.cio.us website and discovered the many joys of bookmarking. This handy little website is fantastic as it allows me to build up my own personalised group of websites which I visit daily. If I use somebody else's computer I can quickly and easily access this website to access my favorite websites which i visit daily. Coupled in with the RSS feed function it also keeps me updated on any new updates. The social tagging concept could be quite useful in the library environment where students can personalise their searches to better suit them by using their own tags instead of that the library uses. This can help eliminate time when they need to access certain searches, linked in with an RSS feed function, this would allow the student to stay updated on any new articles.

No comments: