Monday, November 12, 2007

Week 13- Grand finale

Learning 2.0
Certified Blogger


I have decided to choose the website youtube as my favorite site. I liked this website as I was able to access a wide variety of information posted by millions of people worldwide. The site was useful as it has a very simple interface and searching is a breeze. I dont think i can see any applications at this stage for it to be used in the library setting unless it could be used in conjunction with other resources, similar to user ed.

I did not find learning 2.0's instruction very easy to follow for somebody who is not very advanced in the tech field. The instruction could have been made easier for beginners to follow with more images in a step by step guide format.

The most important skill I learnt was the use of RSS feeds. This is a very important skill as it keeps me updated on all of the latest news posted on my subscribed feeds.

I will continue to use my bloglines account to keep abreast of all my subscribed RSS feeds.

I feel that students will use RSS feeds as part of their research to keep in touch with all the latest updates. Podcasting can also be a feature that they could access in gaining various information about the library such as tutorials on how to use the search catalogue. Virtual tours of the university could be incorporated in the future, podcasts can be integrated with this to allow students a better general overview of the campus.

I think i would like to see the library to adapt virtual tours, podcasting and RSS feeds.

1 comment:

Roley, Amanda and Harry Myers said...

Hi Windflower
Congratulations on completing the course - I am so proud of you for working through the technology to produce such a wonderful blog.
Cheers
PurpleNixieGirl