Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Week 10- Social Tagging Part 2

Today i discovered the joys of Technorati. I was blown away by the fact that the website tracks over 5 million blogs. I had a play around with the website searching for various things with various results. I had a try of using their search tool and got over 6k results for learning 2.0. Using the tag reference was able to bring this search down to 125 but i feel the inability to further refine the results was a major let down. Perhaps if I used a number of keywords or tags i would further be able to refine these results.



I feel that the academic would not be able to utilise this tool as effectively for this reason as well as that of validity. Alot of these blog posts are not published material, therefore the validity of any information they may have may be off centre to say the least. Issues would arise if the academic were to reference their work from an unknown blog source.

No comments: